I am well aware that the pumpkin spice phenomenon has gotten completely out of control, (I mean, what?!), but I still love the flavor of those warm spices combined together.
These energy bites are an easy and quick way to get your pumpkin spice fix without having to turn on the oven or stove. They have only a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen if you’re accustomed to making gluten-free goodies. They don’t have a ton of added sugar, but they will satiate your sweet tooth after lunch or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Let pumpkin spice season commence!
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites (No Bake, Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients (12 bites)
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cashew butter (peanut or almond butter may be substituted, but the mild flavor of cashew butter is preferred for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats, certified gluten-free if desired
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour, plus more if needed (for the batch photographed in this post, I used an additional 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- optional add-ins: chocolate chips, dried cranberries, chopped nuts, etc.
In a mixing bowl, add cashew butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract; stir until fully combined.
Add in the rolled oats, almond flour (starting with 1/3 cup), and pumpkin pie spice; stir until fully combined. If mixture is super sticky, add more almond flour – one tablespoon at a time – until the dough is no longer sticky but still holds together.
Scoop out the dough using a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure, and roll into balls using the palms of your hands.
Place bites on a parchment paper-lined plate and chill in the fridge for at least one hour before transferring to an airtight container. Store in the fridge.